Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamers & TI's - Need unnerfed. [Proof]
(06-25-2016, 10:12 PM)Alcsaar Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 08:13 PM)yakka Wrote: You are new and it may seem out of whack to do 5x the damage and not be first but there are reasons. The damage was modified because early on everyone showed up with tamers and the ti and boss were wiped out in 20 minutes.  The winner in this ti is a tank mage a perfectly suitable template for pve.  It takes a bit more skill and work  to do direct damage then stand around letting dragons do the work.   I used my tamer early on in these for the ease(yes ease as much as you want to make it seem difficult)  before these changes were made.  Now I prefer a bard. The damage has been set this way for about 7 months with tis everyday without any major issues. Tis are a community gathering event not a how fast and easy can we kill everything and get mad loot event.  The best thing is it is open to many templates so folks can play what they enjoy even pks get in on the action.  If a tamer is not fun for you and other builds are more lucrative then seems an easy choice of what to do in future tis.  Jack has spent a ton of time working on and tweaking these events to keep them as balanced as possible.  Future adjustments and tweaking may be made but until then  enjoy and be happy with all the gold you are getting.

Strange that you claim tamers are just as easy to play in TIs as other templates, and yet you've admitted that you now play a bard.  And lets not beat around the bush, thats because it takes less effort to play and is just as effective or more so on score.  I posted this because I would like to see a change, because it is NOT okay for people to play PVP templates in a PVE event and get top scores.  There are what, 4 pvp events? and only ONE semi pve event.  You guys have your events, we dont.  From now all I'll be playing a bard or mage in TIs because doing by far the most damage on my tamer isn't getting me any credit at all.

Maybe I should start requesting that tamers be allowed in pvp tournaments if you're going to make the implication that tank mages should be the best in TIs.

There is nothing difficult about standing in a solo area of a TI and spamming a few earthquakes on a ton of mobs to get top score.  Nothing.  "A bit more skill and work to do" is some of the biggest bollocks I've heard regarding this.  You know you aren't playing your tamer in TIs because its a pain in the ass to control pets and get them to attack shit while also trying to keep them organized and healed.  Its far more taxing than earth quaking or provoking.

All the current system does is encourage people to cheese it while doing no actual work in order to reap all the rewards.  From now on I'll just be doing the same thing until i get bored, since that is apparently what people are happy with here.

If this is considered a "Community event" before its considered a PVE event, then its far past time for there to be a TRUE PvE event.

I would just like to add that the first place finisher is short and is living in the second place player's spare bedroom.

Additionally, i witnessed Alcs tamer repeatedly sodomized after another recent TI.  He couldn't get any of the gold orgy that falls when the boss died because Saber kept killing him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tamers & TI's - Need unnerfed. [Proof] - by Pixelclicker - 06-26-2016, 01:20 AM