Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spells available from NPC mage shopkeepers
Another problem this Newbie has experienced:

I visited several town mage shopkeepers, and they all had exactly the same spell scrolls in-stock: each had every single spell of Circles 1-3, and nothing else.

OSI NPCs had varying stock of all Circles 1-7 (but any one vendor's stock was consistent over resets): the lower the Circle, the greater number of different spells the shopkeeper possessed; if you ran all over Britannia, you were virtually guaranteed to find all spells of Circles 1-4, hopefully also 5, and a hodgepodge of 6 & 7 (6, 7 & 8 you could fill from player-vendors, if you could find them, and/or hope to fill-out 6 & 7 with "lucky" NPC replacement respawns, over time).

A very-kind player helped me out of my personal dilemma: I believe it was The Admirable Black of AoS (forgive me if it wasn't! I've gotten some other players/toons mixed-up since my arrival ...); whomever it was, I was permitted to add a small collection of essential Circle 4-7s, and the kind fellow didn't even charge me! That was a lot of help!

Anyway, IMHO, the current situation is hard on new players, and something might want to be done.

I'm just a Stranger.

Messages In This Thread
Spells available from NPC mage shopkeepers - by A Handsome Stranger - 06-13-2016, 04:54 AM