Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blacksmithing by the Numbers
I just saw this guide now, great write-up, damn man! New players will thank you for your efforts for years to come.

I did smithing a few weeks back when it seemed like every player and their mother was ready to pay 5k per GM Halberd. I didn't do as in-depth of an analysis as you, however I did record ingot usage and approximate time spent, maybe it will help as an estimate to what is needed to GM blacksmithing.

[Image: JSmPkjB.png]

Quick disclaimer: I was pretty diligent recording numbers, but that seems like an anomaly for ingots used during the cutlasses. I may have taken 1k from krysses or something by accident. Regardless, the final tally from 30-GM is correct. Red numbers are estimates when I forgot to record it.

So it took just under 30k ingots from 30-100 skill, and that's smelting everything at GM Mining. If you start at 50 smithy (which most do, I didn't intend on this char being a smith when I made him, so I started with 50 mining rofl), you'll save just under 2k ingots, and some time (1.5h). So really, it's not the end of the world to start from 30 instead of 50.

My main intention was to put as little ingots (read: effort) into this as possible, I didn't care about time (I used 6 daily power hours just to milk those ingots). I didn't do any calculation debating between gorgets or gloves at the end, simply because gorget gains never slowed down significantly enough to warrant it until it was almost too late to notice (<2.3k ingots from 96.1 to 98.4 during power hour on gorgets? I'll take that rate any day.). So perhaps it's recommended to switch to gloves at 98 or 98.5 or so. Even so, 3.5k ingots (using power hours) making gorgets from 98.4-GM instead will not break the bank unless this is your first toon on UOLL.

Thanks morga... I mean Varak for the in depth write-up, heh heh.
DKS, Blyth, Jack like this post
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed

Messages In This Thread
Blacksmithing by the Numbers - by Varak - 12-22-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: Blacksmithing by the Numbers - by Skrap - 12-22-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: Blacksmithing by the Numbers - by Blyth - 12-22-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: Blacksmithing by the Numbers - by Veranis - 12-29-2015, 09:27 AM
RE: Blacksmithing by the Numbers - by DKS - 12-29-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Blacksmithing by the Numbers - by Varak - 12-29-2015, 09:28 PM