UO Lost Lands Forum
Trash [Not Accurate] - Printable Version

+- UO Lost Lands Forum (https://uolostlands.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://uolostlands.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://uolostlands.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Trash [Not Accurate] (/showthread.php?tid=83)

Pages: 1 2

Trash [Not Accurate] - Talia - 10-24-2014

It would be very handy to be able to discard shipboard/fishing/bank trash. I know this server is dedicated closely to T2A, but being able to easily clean up after ourselves would be nice. A portable trash receptacle would be ideal. Failing that, trash receptacles placed by banks and on docks maybe? I would love you long time if I could puta trashbin onto my ship.

Trash [Not Accurate] - SgtScooter - 10-24-2014

Holy lord yes. It doesn't take long before I'm wading throughpiles of dead sailor remains. That said, I can appreciate the commitment to era accuracy.

One rigged solution is to bring a couple bags with you before you set sail. If you have the trash items already loaded in the organizer agent and set the new bag as the hot bag, you can more quickly move the unwanted stuff into that and just leave it onshore. It's untidy, but it's the best we've got right now.

Well, yes, I've been containering it and dumping it on the shore, but every unwanted item in the world is an unwanted item that has to be tracked by the server. I know it's not quite accurate to the era though portable trash bins did come into play very shortly thereafter, as I recall. At least in terms of being an annoying addition (neon, anyone?) or gamebreaking addition (bless scrolls?), trash bins are pretty inoffensive.

Trash [Not Accurate] - yakka - 10-24-2014

they had trash barrells during this era at each bank. It was part of their clean up Brittannia movement.

Trash [Not Accurate] - Jack - 10-24-2014

I feel like the adding of trash bins does cause a bit of a difference in the feel of the game. Often a new player would go by the bank to find some items dumped on the floor that had not yet decayed, and scavenge these to make a few gold coins. With trash bins, a lot of the time this opportunity wouldn't exist.

I would be really hesitant to place them around banks and such. They are definitely a UO:R/RunUO type item that did not exist during era (except house trash cans). In regards to simply allowing them to be placed on boats, I feel that's a rather large change to be making - trash disposal is up to the player. Perhaps a portable trash can could be an idea for a platinum reward.

Items take 30 minutes to decay on this server and are deleted during world saves. Dynamic decay based on weight is something I will be looking into, though it's a touchy issue as we need to be 100% certain that items are not being deleted that shouldn't be. As well as making sure it is not a resource hog.

Trash [Not Accurate] - Baron - 10-24-2014

I always dump things out of my bank box at west Brit bank for that very reason, and I've seen some dumpster diving new players scoop up a handful of things they found useful.

Items on ship decks do not decay, correct?

Trash [Not Accurate] - Jack - 10-24-2014

Correct, no items will decay on ship decks or in houses currently. Newbie items and body parts should decay unless locked down (they don't currently). I'm not sure shipwrecked body parts were the same as regular body parts though.

Thanks for the clarification!

Trash [Not Accurate] - yakka - 10-24-2014

Not that I care if there are trash cans, but they were in this era, added when they nerfed bank boxesbefore Uo:R and also there are no bounty boards or bulletin boards with the captured npcs.