UO Lost Lands Forum
Lockbox Bug - Printable Version

+- UO Lost Lands Forum (https://uolostlands.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Support (https://uolostlands.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://uolostlands.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Lockbox Bug (/showthread.php?tid=1345)

Lockbox Bug - Hero - 04-14-2017

The lockbox bug is absurd, I know people like PC want this in badly, because without it, they'd be pwnd left and right by thieves, but no one in era would have ran a thief if this was a part of the game (and there was hundreds and hundreds of them)

This bug is an abomination to fel and this time frame, it allows the negation of a complete pvp thief class for less than 50 gold, and it doesn't even make sense that you can add and remove/use things from a locked box (I believe you can even lock/unlock them with the key inside)

If you want to reflect classic gameplay, encourage skill use variety, and common sense, I'd suggest this is fixed. There are a thousand ways to Sunday to thief proof yourself without using a bug that 100% protects you with trammel in a box.

This and removing xray vision npcs calling guards through the walls would be huge first steps to creating thief mechanics that are playable for the server. In the long run it'd be beneficial to us all, allowing for a less pigeon holed styles of play. (Hally mages already have a one up with a heavy wep as it is)

Anyhow my 2 cents. Free servers hate thieves for some reason, but the orig UO devs made thieves very powerful and even after trammel struggled to keep them relevant, even if it was stealing cursed artifacts or stupid ass doom rares. I'd like to see the same care and attention done here.

RE: Lockbox Bug - Veranis - 04-14-2017

Agree with this completely, but are people actually using this? Have you really run into anyone who has a locked box? If so, how frequent is it really? Can't see anyone using this with current population.

RE: Lockbox Bug - Hero - 04-15-2017

(04-14-2017, 08:26 PM)Veranis Wrote: Agree with this completely, but are people actually using this? Have you really run into anyone who has a locked box? If so, how frequent is it really? Can't see anyone using this with current population.

Pix always has one and when I trade with Wizkid he uses a boat at Nuj. That makes me think the level of thief paranoia is uber high since there are no thieves currently.  Matron and cA must have traumatized them or something lol.  

RE: Lockbox Bug - Pixelclicker - 04-23-2017

(04-15-2017, 12:13 PM)Hero Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 08:26 PM)Veranis Wrote: Agree with this completely, but are people actually using this? Have you really run into anyone who has a locked box? If so, how frequent is it really? Can't see anyone using this with current population.

Pix always has one and when I trade with Wizkid he uses a boat at Nuj. That makes me think the level of thief paranoia is uber high since there are no thieves currently.  Matron and cA must have traumatized them or something

This is just another in a long line of excuses from someone who doesnt understand, and isn't any good at, a game he's played his whole life.

Second, it's not a bug, it's an era accurate feature as we've already settled in previous discussions.  

Third, you're just going to rage quit again ( like you did twice previously) after you get pked a few more times and cry like the little bitch that you are in discord, disparaging the whole server in a racist rant.  Absolutely NO accomodations should be made for pieces of shit like you.

Nonetheless, I will leave my Pixelclicker Box ™  unlocked (as it usually is) for you as a courtesy, and you're welcome to try to steal a rune or something as i'm cutting you down and adding another one of your heads to my already-large collection  Big Grin

RE: Lockbox Bug - Oroechimaru - 04-28-2017

Pixelclicker I'm all for era accuracy but please no trolling I love that we have players on our server.

RE: Lockbox Bug - TKE MFO - 01-08-2018

When has that ever stopped him from making players quit the server ROFL