UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: Trading Post/Auction Policy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are excited to see all of the new players and welcome everyone to have a great time.  Some unsavory people may make their way to the shard and we felt it necessary to have a trade policy where it relates to forum account use and in game trades, this applies to using forum accounts to scam in game only!  ANY PERSON USING THEIR FORUM/DISCORD ACCOUNT TO SCAM IN GAME WILL LOSE SAID FORUM/DISCORD ACCOUNT!  This may include game account sanctions including suspension and ban of ALL gaming accounts!

This policy only covers forum accounts or Discord used to scam in game!  Here is the link to Jack's Discord rules: https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=403

If you are still having trouble wrapping your brain around this, here's a hypothetical:

Player A puts up an auction on the forums for a house, weapon, or any other item.  Player B buys item on forum for agreed amount of gold, and meets player in game for the trade.  Player A takes the payment and recalls, leaving Player B "high and dry" with no item to show for his/her purchase.

I may correct the situation (i.e. reverse the trade) if given PROOF of the transaction by taking a video of the transaction using Razor.   If you were unaware of this functionality of Razor, look at the Video Capture tab.

This policy does not cover in-game scams, so if you are scammed in game, please do not page us!!!  Buyer beware in game!

Added 6/24/2016:  Auctioners please be very specific in what you are selling and what your terms are for payment.  If you have a very specific timeframe you must be paid in, put it in your auction or the buyer has "forever" to decide when to pay you!  For payment, put whether you will accept trades, gold, plat, fish steaks, etc. you get the idea I hope.  BUYERS: if you read the full terms of an auction and agree to it and perform a buyout, or you win the auction by declaration of the auctioner, you are expected to pay according to their terms!  Any breach of this "contract" by either party is actionable by shard staff up to and including forum/game account suspension and bans depending on the severity (or occurrence frequency)  If you are still confused, read it this way:  ANYTHING NOT STATED IN THE AUCTION CANNOT BE ASSUMED BY EITHER PARTY.  DO NOT BUY AN ITEM IF YOU CANNOT MEET THE SELLERS STATED AUCTION TERMS.  Jesus you have to be an attorney to play this game.  I hope this will be the end of any confusion.