UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: WTB ARROWS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WTB 20k arrows
It would probably be cheaper and easier to buy from NPC's. When I stocked up there were usually 3 of them at full stock (999), so it only took 3-5 minutes every hour for roughly a day to get my 20K or 30 minutes in total time investment. By the end of the day I had two or three more at full stock so I was pulling in close to 8K arrows and hour.

Money is easy to come by so price wasn't the main driver. There just aren't that many people selling. I felt the 30-40 minute time investment to get my own would be a lot easier than trying to find someone willing to sell, heh heh. I was usually ready to move to another character anyway, so it didn't bother me at all to take a little break every hour.

That being said, it would be a lucrative side business for someone. Mark them up one gold over buy price. You can pull 6K arrows on average for 5 minutes an hour. That translates into 72K (12*6) an hour for total time investment (5 minutes an hour during a 12 hour playing session). In reality it would be less than that. You wouldn't have enough players to buy. If you are in the middle of a gold run or leveling, you aren't going to want to break away every hour. Not every vendor will start with a full stock when you log on. Somebody else might be in a buying mood, etc. It certainly has potential.
(05-23-2016, 03:10 PM)Varak Wrote: [ -> ]It would probably be cheaper and easier to buy from NPC's. When I stocked up there were usually 3 of them at full stock (999), so it only took 3-5 minutes every hour for roughly a day to get my 20K or 30 minutes in total time investment. By the end of the day I had two or three more at full stock so I was pulling in close to 8K arrows and hour.

Money is easy to come by so price wasn't the main driver. There just aren't that many people selling. I felt the 30-40 minute time investment to get my own would be a lot easier than trying to find someone willing to sell, heh heh. I was usually ready to move to another character anyway, so it didn't bother me at all to take a little break every hour.

That being said, it would be a lucrative side business for someone. Mark them up one gold over buy price. You can pull 6K arrows on average for 5 minutes an hour. That translates into 72K (12*6) an hour for total time investment (5 minutes an hour during a 12 hour playing session). In reality it would be less than that. You wouldn't have enough players to buy. If you are in the middle of a gold run or leveling, you aren't going to want to break away every hour. Not every vendor will start with a full stock when you log on. Somebody else might be in a buying mood, etc. It certainly has potential.
Haven't seen you in a while bud!
I know. I knowSmile Work is impeding on my game time. The grind at work likely won't end until August. It's going to be a crappy summer. I seem to only get on once a week these days, and then only for a couple hours. Once September hits I should be back up around 10 hours a week.