UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: How to Use Chat (or Conferences) In Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
f you don't wanna use IRC/Discord all the time you can chat in game (without being near people and stuff) using conferences. If you use a newer client you might not be able to do any of this stuff.

All you've got to do is make a hotkey to open it, or just click "Chat" on the menu bar.

[Image: PgQ1F8.jpg]

However you go about deciding to open up chat, you will then be asked to pick a unique name that you cannot ever change and that is tied to your account.

[Image: kg4wBp.jpg]

It's pretty cool though. You can make your own conferences, password protect them, multiple chat windows can be open at once and the windows are even resizable. Try it out some time with your wizard friends.
I didn't realise this even worked. I can integrate it with the paperdoll chat button, but I've honestly never seen anyone use it.
it works on pretty much every shard that uses this version of UO client.. 3 shards come to mind (including UOLL), most others have that new chat system or have that one disabled somehow
Every time I accidentally open it I see one person in there. I think it defaults to Alt-T on some installs.