UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: Event gate bug [Fixed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Staff,

I know this is a common and well-known bug, but I thought I'd post here so it stays as a reminder.

It happens (it seems) when an event did not launch due to lack of signups. When the event doesn't launch, something happens so that the next event will have the wrong gate sent to Brit & Buc's.

For instance, last night the scheduled 10:30pm Survival event gate sent you to the signup room for King of the Hill. When you clicked on the stone, it said "Signups for King of the Hill are closed." I think that the scheduled King of the Hill at 7pm didn't get enough signups, so it cancelled, and then the later gate to survival was bugged.

Thanks.
Yes this is what happened. It was fixed in the past but the method of gate creation/deletion was changed when I introduced a new event context class which globally handled certain event functions.

There's plans to expand on this, which will allow me to
  • Edit event times/create new scheduled events on the fly
  • Automate/schedule town invasions
  • Automatically pause the event schedule in the case where events clash (eg: tournaments will no longer start until a town invasion is complete).
  • Integrate this with Discord/the website so players can easily tell what is going on, as well as improve announcements/discord commands for more clarity. For example:
    • !events command would inform you if signups are currently open, or an event is currently running, instead of immediately telling you the next event time even though signups are open for a different event.
    • Announce that signups will start soon, to give people more opportunity to prepare or be ready to play when the event starts.

This will be in the next patch and will also fix the bug with gates.
All good, thanks Jack
This will be fixed as of patch 43.

As the automated event system is an entirely new system, let me know if you notice any other bugs like this.