UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: Drake taming skill?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the minimum required skill in animal taming for Drakes here? And why is it higher?

I have 84.7 taming skill. I like to train on Drakes once I reach 84.3 (which has always been the minimum required skill).
I am aware that i can GM off of bulls. It's boring and I don't like to macro taming.

Thanks in advance.
The skill required to tame a drake is a bit of an oddity, but it matches with the skill required to tame one in era. This is a link to the stratics taming chart from 1999: http://web.archive.org/web/1999102223115...m/anim.htm
(01-06-2016, 11:07 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]The skill required to tame a drake is a bit of an oddity, but it matches with the skill required to tame one in era. This is a link to the stratics taming chart from 1999: http://web.archive.org/web/1999102223115...m/anim.htm

Ahha.

Since this server isn't exactly strict to era anyway, Might i request that drakes be changed to 83.4? Or any more reasonable number?
Unless of course there's a good reason for it that I'm not seeing.
I just want to train w/o macroing, or taming bulls/lava lizards forever.

Ill understand if you take issue with this request.

Thanks.
Sorry, but this won't be considered. I try to keep the majority basic mechanics such as how skills work, or required levels to exactly as they're supposed to be in era. Although this isn't a big deal, I don't want to open the floodgates more than they already are on changing gameplay mechanics.
(01-06-2016, 11:38 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this won't be considered. I try to keep the majority basic mechanics such as how skills work, or required levels to exactly as they're supposed to be in era. Although this isn't a big deal, I don't want to open the floodgates more than they already are on changing gameplay mechanics.
Understandable.
Slippery slopes and what not. I appreciate your integrity.

Thanks for the explanation.
I liked Skrap's explanation (paraphrased): "Drakes are kind of like teenage dragons, so of course they should be a bit harder to tame than adult dragons."

Cool
[Image: funny_drake_meme_7.jpg]