UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: MIB's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why cant you fish up MIB's here? You need to kill sea serpents to get them?? That's not how it used to work...
I know its not era but it controls afk'ing and I am in favor of it.
I've seen way to many afk fishermen in my day across many shards. It's the one resource gathering profession that is the most abused precisely because you get MIB's. I think it is a smart move to make them a drop. This shard doesn't hold itself to perfectly replicate the era, but seems (IMO) to make smart changes that are in the best interest of the shard. If that's their MO, then they are certainly within their right to make a change like this if they deem it an overall net benefit.

My only complaint is it makes the metal chests hard to come by, but its a fair trade off. Plus i should probably make friends with some pirates so we can go find some serpents to kill.
+1 Varak
You still need fishing to get the MIB's. Instead of directly fishing up the bottles/t-maps you will fish up a SS or DSS and must kill it to get the MIB/t-map. My fisherman is also a GM archer/healer. ~50-ish resist and some cure pot's and you will have no trouble getting some SOS's. Serpents that spawn other than from a fisherman shouldn't contain any MIB's. Occasionally you may find one that wandered away from a fisherman that was not paying attention.
It was era accurate both ways was changed late 99 early 2000 to include pulling up serpents.