UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: So I am looking at tounrament results on website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And noticing the rulesets:

- 1v1, no magic, no magic items.

- 1v1, magic, no potions, no magic items, no poison

- 1v1, no magic

Why is there no 1v1 event with no restrictions? The way these events are set up, you will never be able to compete as a hybrid dexxer, will never be able to show your dexxer skill to kill mages, and never be able to show those dexxers your mage skills.

People in this era always seemed to think that Mages had a distinct advantage in 1v1 PvP, and complained constantly. What they don't realize is that just before UOR there was a metagame forming with hybrid dexxers. Myguild tested it extensively, and could pull matches consistantly 70% of the time.

However, doing this requires unlocking of other valid PvP options, in particular potions. Many non-hardcore PvPers in T2A had a beef with potions, thinking they were not fair. Same thing with poison. In the era, however, PvP is made of all the elements that are available. If you had all the tools, and were skilled enough to use those tools, you did just fine.

Because of these I understand why the 1v1 tournies here have options for no potion and no poison. Because folks don't like complicated PvP that requires more skill. Same with separating melee and magic 1v1 events, because folks have this idea that dexxers can't compete with mages.

Please include a tounrament category that has no restrictions =)

And then I see there are some on the event schedule, just not the event results =)

Hey, I think you've made a bit of a mistake with the rulesets.

[Image: J9O2hGv.PNG]="height:148px; width:318px" />

We have (in order of the picture)

• 1v1, pots, poisons, no magics.(non free use). Neither dexers or mages arereally favored.
  • 1v1 "anything goes" (non free use). Dexers heavily favor this matchup.
  • 2v2 no pots, no poisons, no magics (free use) - there is a 1v1 that runs with the same rules. This is considered the "standard duel ruleset" for mages, so it favors mages.
Ah ha, it's the free use thing that tripped me up. I saw the reagent pic.

I'll leave my comments though, see if it boils any opinions on era PvP =)
We're working on a huge website refresh. These tables are temporary Smile