UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: How to gain Meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've had a few questions about this so I'll just post how meditation works here.

Meditation is difficulty based, and it's based on the following: Your INT, your Current Mana and your meditation skill. The percentage mana you have remaining, and your meditation skill will determine whether you are successful.

This is a simple but fugly table showing what levels of mana you should be meditating at while at a certain meditation skill. The rows represent your percentage of mana and the columns are your meditation skill.

[Image: XBJMgDZ.png]

In the red zone, you either have a 100% chance of success or 100% chance of failure, meaning it's impossible to gain in these areas. The pink/blue zones will allow gain, the ideal spot being in the darkest shade of blue.
My question would be be, what is the best or possible methods you can use to raise it?

trying to raise it through normal play does not yield very good results. My inscriptionist can raise it fairly easily because he puts a mana check in when creating scrolls, so i can get and keep it in a certain range.

The only way i've found worhtwhile is drunken meditiation with an AR13-17 mainly leather suit and LOTS of liqour. The liqour gets it low and tries to keep it in a range. The heavy AR is to keep you in the range a little longer but also keeps you from getting "to drunk to mediate" because ti requires less drinks to hold a certain range.

Are there any other methods people have sucessfully employed? Don't get me wrong, i like drinking as much as the next guy. It does get problematic holding a low mana rate in the 90's.
I have never seen the "too inebriated to meditate" message, I think you are thinking of another shard.. unless it has been patched in. and I have GM'd probably 8 characters here using the booze method.
(12-23-2015, 05:14 PM)Myrnae Wrote: [ -> ]I have never seen the  "too inebriated to meditate" message, I think you are thinking of another shard.. unless it has been patched in.  and I have GM'd probably 8 characters here using the booze method.

what is the method for this?
1. Throw on an AR 13-17 suit of leather (to slow down regen and keep you in the optimal range longer). I actually use a leather suit with bone hands and helmet to get to AR 17 and still capable to med. 13 AR is perfectly fine, I just like 17 better.

2. Buy a crap ton of one type of liquor bottle.

3. set up a macro with an "if" construct (mana check), else meditate plus break med with a 10 second delay. The mana check is usually 5-20 points higher your ideal meditation level (jacks chart above). Most people go towards the upper boundary of 20. I'm more of a 5-10 over guy. Usually 5 over once I am a half hour or so into the macro.

So lets say you have int of 100, med of 30, and you want a mana check of 10 over ideal. It's going to look like this in razor:

Your ideal range is 70 (100-30) and 10 points above that is 80(70+10), or INT-med+your over amount if you have 100 INT.

If (Mana >=80)
double click liquor bottle (covert to by type)
wait for target
target self
pause 20 seconds
else
Use skill: meditation
Say: Myrnae Rocks
Pause 10.5 seconds
end if

There's probably more efficient ones out there, but that will get you drunk and keep you in range decently enough. You will drink ALOT of liquor but the bottles are dirt cheap so it's not costly to raise this way.
BTW, thanks Myrnae I was able to pound the liquor a lot faster in the 90's knowing I wouldn't get to drunk to med.
Hi Varak, I gave this a go and got my char tanked on wine, I was then getting the msg "Inebriation is not conductive to meditation" and coud not gain.

Any further tips and or advice ?
That 20 second delay is designed to keep you from getting to drunk. You have a decent pause between drinks. I lowered it to 15 when I read Myrnae's response and didn't get the "too drunk" message. It sounds like it does in fact still exist and you found the threshold. Just add a bit more time between drinks and you should be fine (the pause before the else statement).
Yeah, the message exists here... but you need to be really drunk.
im at 100 mana and 62 magery and macroing it and at 23.5 meditation and have meditation worked into my macro and i have gained .1 meditation in over 2 hours...whats going on here?...id think med should be flyig at 23.5
Pages: 1 2