UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: Patch 21 - 02/20/15 - Small Patch, Blacksmithing & Polymorph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Need to do a restart to fix some event issues, normally wouldn't make a separate patch entry but this patch includes a rather major change to blacksmithing.

• Blacksmithing now uses item list menus instead of the UOR style crafting menu.
  • Polymorph has also been changed to use an era menu.
  • Other craft skills are being worked on to get all craft menus using this system.
  • Fix to Survival & Tournament auto event timers.
  • Survival now exports results to the website leaderboard.
  • Event clocks will be added around banks, you can single click these to see when the next event will run.
Lovely =) I've been so used to the UOR style crafting I completely forgot it wasn't valid.

YOU REALLY NEED TO STOP DOING THIS.

the main purpose of t2a is no trammel. smithing was UNPLAYABLE with the old menu system. it took 6 months to gm smithing in '99. nobody has that time today. this server is fun but you are gonna make it not fun. i have worked hard to raise skills here and you will make it unplayable.

i just dont want to start over somewhere else.

it would really be useful if you got off the stick to t2a stuff. SOME CHANGES MADE LATER WERE VERY GOOD CHANGES. thats why they changed them. the smith menu and all the others were a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT in the game. it enabled you to see information on what to smith, what your chances of success were and made it easy to make last.

i see platinum here. WHY? definately not t2a.

also, the moongates. they are UNUSEABLE and NOBODY IS USING THEM. you do realize that it ruins the economy with no moongates.

moongates were the focal point for PLAYER VENDORS. people hung out at the gates. that made thievery fun. the most important thing about them were PLAYER VENDORS. people always travelled between the gates and town, so thats where all the vendors were.

i have spent ALOT of time on this shard and have many characters building up. i really enjoy this, but you are gonna make it UNPLAYABLE.

THINK, THINK, THINK!!!

KEEP THIS SHARD PLAYABLE! make it so that everyone can enjoy UO at its best.

I agree with the point about the smithing menu, if you are going to keep those and make more proffesions like it, I won't be playing anymore

I'll take what you're saying into consideration. Basic mechanics of T2A are an integral part of what the shard was founded on. While I mull this over, I'll put crafting on hold as most of the feedback has been "why?" in regards to the menus. A possibility could be to include both and give the player the option to choose.Personally, I love the old style menus.

I would be fine with having the choice.

having a choice would be very acceptable. i can live with that. please make it a switchable item that stays the way you select it until you wish to change it.

the only other gripe is the moongates, for the reasons i listed. useable moongates are important to the economy of the server. other than that I LOVE THIS SERVER.

please, please do fix smith again. im only at 80. ahahha

The public moongate functionality as it stands has other benefits. Players can not use the public moongate as a means to escape combat since they can just be followed.It also encourages people to have better travel planning, since, yes, the moongate is a pain in the ass to use. Don't think I haven't had my fair share of rage over public moongates over the years Smile

I have plans for adding more interesting things to the shard, than just patching everything to a basic T2A state. For the time being I'll start work on those. I will be out of town this weekend so I won't have a chance to make a crafting "switch" until probably Monday, which I will put in as soon as I can.The switch won't necessarily be permanent as I would like to get other user feedback before committing to anything.

For the time being, here is a blacksmithing table with ingot costs & skill requirements. It won't necessarily be completely accurate (I haven't compared), but it will be a general guide.

http://web.archive.org/web/1999102223115...m/blac.htm

OK choice is good if it is easy enough to put in. Even with old style menus you can make macros and gm craftables pretty easy. nothing like osi days. Once I had all the materials I went from 50-gm in two days of steady macroing and smelting. Just had to keep eye on skill level and change what I was making. I do prefer newer menus for obvious reasons, but like the old ones for the nostalgic feel. This server from what I have gathered and seen discussed in irc is not trying to be 100% with era, but trying to get mechanics and the feel down of the time period down.

Pages: 1 2 3