UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: Incorrect Fishing Skill/Spawn level *UPDATED*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After fishing my skill to 80.0, I should have started getting sea-serpents on the occasional failure. From 80.0 skill to 90.0 skill, I did not pull up a single sea-serpent.

I did not pull one up until 90.0 skill (I got a deep sea serpent on the second cast once I hit 90.0). It seems this hard-minimum was either intentionally changed, or is simply incorrect.

EDIT: 93.3 Fishing Skill and I've only pulled up the one Deep Sea Serpent at 90.0 skill. I should have pulled up 20-30 of them by now. Fishing is DEFINATELY BROKEN. Without Sea serpents, fishing is POINTLESS.

According to a snapshot of UOstratics (as well as my own memory), the correct skill level to start getting serpents is 80.0 skill. Otherwise, all aspects of fishing have been accurate(Except NO serpents!).

Here is the webpage from 1999 Startics (you have to select the fishing skill as I cant link directly to that page).
https://web.archive.org/web/199902101022...cs.com:80/
How deep were you fishing? The area between Moonglow and Ice Island should produce some sea serpents at 80.0, but anything deeper I believe is 90.0.

I'm about to start leveling up a third fisher, I'm gunna look check it out lol
(05-13-2018, 03:13 PM)toddhovre Wrote: [ -> ]How deep were you fishing? The area between Moonglow and Ice Island should produce some sea serpents at 80.0, but anything deeper I believe is 90.0.

I'm about to start leveling up a third fisher, I'm gunna look check it out lol

I fished all over the damn place when leveling from 80 to 100 skill. Two serpents total during that time and both had maps.

After leveling to GM and fishing a few days, I determined that you need 100 skill to get any serpents. There is also a guide in the forums here that pretty much says the same thing, but doesn't point out the difference between here and OSI servers, so it's easy to miss.

I seem to be getting MiBs/Maps at roughly 50% faster than what I remember on OSI servers, so I'm happy.

I am dismayed to find that while items do not decay on the deck of ships, containers DO! I had the entire contents of a lvl3 chest dump to the deck when the chest decayed. What a mess.

Off to the High Seas!
Captain Firemane
It appears you're correct. The only way to pull up a sea serpent on UOLL is by fishing up a treasure map or MiB, which requires at least 90.0/100.0 skill, respectively. There is no chance on UOLL to pull up a sea serpent on a failed attempt, or below 90 skill.

Quote:I am dismayed to find that while items do not decay on the deck of ships, containers DO! I had the entire contents of a lvl3 chest dump to the deck when the chest decayed.

I believe the chest would have been broken somehow, either by a mob or a mis-click. A container which decays does not drop its items on the floor, it deletes all the items in the container simultaneously. Items are dropped on the floor only when the chest has its destroy function invoked.