UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: uo t2a era oddities I wonder if Garriot would have fixed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
a. cannot shoot while on horseback (mongolians, native americans could..) but you can cast magic spells, stab someone with a dagger or use a heater shield.

b. peacemaking can bring a warrior to peace but not break a pre-casted or casting progressing spell (interruption).

those would have been neat fixes back in the day. I may post more ideas along the way.

c. enticement/disco... would of been neat to see what his vision was... i find that alot of it was the fluff/fun of it like herding.

d. new players spent days, months , year+ playing the small game exploring sewers, rat camps etc. i'm hoping to check out a lost lands rare spawn someday! would be cool if some of the newb places had higher oddity spawns and lower frequency/density of overall low quality spawns. i was thinking today about goofy items that low-quality spawns had that we gave to our mentors (furs etc)... or that every pack was a new adventure/worth killing.
other thing... huge t2a/pret2a love for DND which goes back to the original ultima roots. I loved balance that was "d&d" ruleset based and not "everyone needs a hug from a carebear today". The changes were much more thoughful than diablo 3 type changes (no new content lets just change everything every few months)
I played Ultima 1- 2 on Commodore 64, I even played it's and all other rpg games requisite--- Bard's Tale

old gamer here Smile
I had ultima excodus on NES... took me like 2 years to realize there was another spell list.