UO Lost Lands Forum

Full Version: Treasure Maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to look at a treasure map and determine what level it is?

I do not want to buy a high level map from someone and later find out it is a level 1.

Thanks
Not in this era, no. The only way is to have multiple cartographers and lock each skill at the appropriate level and cycle through them to determine the level. I think someone offers this as a service. Hopefully they will post here.
Thanks Darwin, No buying T maps for me
I have this in a notepad file, not sure if this is 100% accurate on UO Lost Lands. I am not a lockpicker myself.

Map Level - Monsters 

1 - Earth Elementals, Ettins, Evil Mage, Gargoyles, Gazers, Liches, Ogres, Ophidian Enforcers, Ophidian Warriors, Orcs, Orc Lords, Orc Mages, Terathan Warriors, and Trolls.
2 - Air Elementals, Fire Elementals, Frost Trolls, Mummy, Ophidian Apprentice Mages, Ophidian Justicar, Ophidian Shaman, (Ophidian Zealots), Reapers, Sea Serpents, Snow Elementals, Stone Gargoyles, Water Elementals and Wyverns.
3 - Cyclopean Warriors, (Evil Mage Lords), Drakes, Dread Spiders, Efreets, Frost Trolls, Liches, Ogre Lords, Ophidian Avengers, Ophidian Knight-Errants, Snow Elementals and Terathan Avengers.
4 - Daemons, Deep Sea Serpents, Dragons, Elder Gazers, Ice Fiends, Lich Lords, Terathan Matriarchs, Titans and White Wyrms.
5 - Ancient Wyrms, Balrons, Blood Elementals, Ophidian Matriarchs, Poison Elementals and Titans. 

Skill required to decode a map Map Level Skill Level 

1 0.0+ Cartography required
2 60.0+ Cartography required
3 70.0+ Cartography required
4 90.0+ Cartography required
5 100.0 Cartography required
Very Cool Pringles, I'm putting this in notepad as well

Thanks
You can check the treasure map level of a drop vs monster type on our bestiary. Every monster has it's treasure map level documented (if it drops a treasure map).

The list Pringles pasted above should be accurate.
That will work well for treasure maps found, I was more interested in if I buy them, actually getting what I paid for. Some one could post level 5 maps on a vendor and they turn out to be level 1 once I've bought them.
I looked up the monsters in our scripts, and found a couple of differences. I didn't think of looking at the bestiary.

I can confirm the skill levels needed to decode are the same as Pringles has.

Changes from his notepad file:
No maps on Ophidian Justicar/Zealot (this is the same monster essentially, just using an alias), Reapers, Efreets, or Deep Sea Serpents
Frost Trolls drop Level 1
Regular Sea Serpents drop Level 1
Snow Elementals drop Level 2
Earth Elementals drop Level 1 or 2 (random)
Lich drops Level 1, 2, or 3 (random)
Ophidian Matriarch drops Level 4
Titan drops Level 5