Capture the Flag
When CTF signups open, gates will be placed at Britain Bank and inside the bathhouse in Buccaneer's Den. The gates will lead to the CTF signup area. The waiting area for CTF is a combat free zone, players cannot do anything in this area except join the game and talk if they wish. Once in the waiting area, double click the stone to join the game queue. Teams are completely random and will be decided when the game actually starts. Once you have joined the game, you are free to leave the area. However beware. If you die before the game starts, you will be taken out of the game queue. You may re-sign up, just be careful of your timing.
Any duplicate IPs will be kicked out of the game. If you have 2 players in the same household which want to play, you will need to ask for an exemption. Please contact me about this.
Joining the game with the intent of simply idling or griefing your own team can result in you being barred from events on all of your accounts.
When the game starts, the following happens:
Any horse you are riding will be automatically "stabled". Do not dismount your horse before the game or it will probably go wild during the game, if you do not stable it. When the game finishes, you will automatically be riding your horse again.
Items become free use. This means, for example, if you have 1 total refresh potion, you will be able to continually use that potion without it being consumed.
Items that are free use:
- Potions (excluding explosion)
- Weapons (durability is always considered maxed, weapons will not break)
- Armor (as above)
Items that will not be considered for free use:
- Poison potions for poisoning weapons.
- Explosion potions
Changes happen to items while the game is running:
- All magic properties on weapons/armor/jewelry/clothing are nullified.
- Weapons, armor and clothing are no longer scaled by durability. They cannot break or take damage.
- Wands/gnarled staves no longer function.
- Rings can no longer be used.
Playing Capture the Flag
The goal of capture the flag is to take the other teams flag, and then "capture" it by targeting your own team's flag. There are 2 bases in CTF, one of which will be your spawning point, and the other being the enemy team's spawning point. You must go into the other team's base, grab their flag, run back to your own base and target your own flag. However - the other team is also trying to do the same to you, so most likely when you return to your base with their flag, your own flag will not be there to complete the capture process. This is where the strategy in CTF lays.
How to Interact With The Flag
Most actions with the flag are done by double clicking. To pick up the flag, simply double click it while it is on the ground. This will bind the flag to your character until either you die, you pass the flag to a team member, or the flag timer is up (covered in a later point).
If you double click your own team's flag while it is not at its "home point", this will return your flag to your base. To pass the flag to another team member, double click it inside your pack and target the team member.
To "capture" the flag, double click the enemy's flag from within your own backpack, and target your own flag. Your own flag must be returned and in its "home" position to capture.
Getting Back Your Flag
To force the other team to drop their flag, you must kill the flag holder. This will cause the flag to drop to the ground. If your team flag is then double clicked by your team, the flag will be "returned" to its home position. The enemy team can also pick the flag back up from the ground. It depends on who is faster.
When a flag is picked up from the enemy home base, it starts a 3 minute timer. If the flag has not been captured within those 3 minutes, the flag will be returned to the enemy's base.
After a flag capture, both flags are returned to their home locations.
- There is currently 1 CTF map on UO Lost Lands.
- There is a lever in the centre of the map which controls the gate separating the 2 bases. This lever is usable on a 10 second cooldown - if somebody pulls the lever, it cannot be used again for another 10 seconds. There is a "long way around" when the door is down, this alternative route is more susceptible to players being blocked in with the wall of stone spell.
- You cannot attack your team mates. AOE spells will not do damage to team.
On Game Completion
- When the game is completed, all players will be resurrected and sent back to the waiting room. A scoreboard will be displayed to the player, with a list of each player's scores displayed, ranked by highest score.
- Statistics that are displayed:
- Score ( Kills + Caps*15 )
- Flag Captures
- Damage Dealt (damage to yourself does not count)
- Damage Healed (to self does count)
- The winning team will receive 1 platinum, placed into their bank.