Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tailor & Fletcher buy/sell prices
These are not true to in-era OSI, and I would like to ask if this is intended.

From Patch8 patchnotes,

Quote:Many item price changes. The list of T2A accurate prices is absolutely massive so we will get this done over time. For now, the prices on jewelers are now completely era accurate ...

I have also observed that the shopkeepers lower/raise their prices too fast, but I certainly don't know all of the things that regulate this. On OSI (in 1998-99), one could buy/sell at the best price for 1-3 rounds, then at the next price 1-2 rounds, and then at price-changes every round, until the vendor stopped transacting (ran out of money, bought enough player-made stock, exhausted his current stock); what I've just described is only a general overview and specifics would vary between item-types and shopkeeper-types.

Might I ask that admins investigate this latter allegation; could someone test this on the demo, perhaps?

As a new player here, I am coping with the severely-reduced effort-to-profit ratio these conditions conspire to inflict: I expected to be able to use these trade skills, at newbie skill-levels, to generate "good" newbie-money in order to give my account(s) a financial kick-start ... I've had to do things a little differently, lol: prices on the stuff I sell are so low, and drop so fast, that trying to make any worthwhile money is frustrating. So far as I can tell, the shopkeepers aren't even busy (i.e. I've got no competition, and I'd be even more screwed if I did).

As an aside, I don't recall price-variations from (what I am speculating is) durability, excepting VDP on player-vendors: I am saying that (on OSI, 98/99) if I sold bows to the shopkeeper Blacksmith/Bowyer, he would pay his normal price, or his exceptional price, according to the quality of the item, but the prices did not vary within either category; I presume this is related to the return provided by the getvalue function, but I am sure that such a level of refinement was never live on OSI. Not only is there no reference at all anywhere in Stratics, but players would have used this instead of VDP ...

Anyway, I felt motivated to ask after these specific things.

I'm Stranger (than some).

Messages In This Thread
Tailor & Fletcher buy/sell prices - by A Handsome Stranger - 06-13-2016, 04:33 AM
RE: Tailor & Fletcher buy/sell prices - by Jack - 06-13-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: Tailor & Fletcher buy/sell prices - by Jack - 06-13-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Tailor & Fletcher buy/sell prices - by Jack - 06-13-2016, 09:29 PM