Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community
PVP needs a large community to be active and functional, otherwise it damages the shard. The only place you can challenge them is in the events mainly (unless you know where they live and the time they play). PVP will always suffer until we can manage to get 300+ players on at the same time.

If you want to kill a lot of people, hit all the UO polling sites with positive reviews, so people can find us. When you see a new person, help them get started. Most players will know within 2 hours of starting, if they will stick with it. Easing that first few hours with supplies, money, and knowledge will go a long way to building up ample supplies of deep pocketed blues to attack.

My first month here, I did TI’s with reds alongside me that didn’t attack once. Not once. The second month they started attacking, heh heh. Quite honestly, that’s about perfect. They let me build up a decent war chest. They let me get invested in the shard. Then they had their way with me. If we keep doing that, the shard will be just fine. If it’s a new name you’ve never seen cut them some slack for a while. Once the name becomes very familiar to you, take em out. They probably have some decent loot now.

Red’s are problematic at TI’s because you damage to move the TI forward. Red’s typically aren’t doing much to advance the TI, so once you clear out the blue’s it’s gonna be a good long while before the next stage hits. The other problem is TI’s are about the only place you can reliably find blues with some good loot, so the Red’s have an incentive to pop in about 2/3’s of the way through and clean your corpse.

The best way to combat Red’s at TI’s is to bank often and group up. It’s been that way for twenty years. There’s really no harm in recalling out every 15 minutes to bank. At least that way when they do come through you don’t lose much. Grouping up is really the best way though. Two good mages cross healing/curing each other can frustrate a red fairly easily, provided you are properly equipped for the encounter.

If the red’s are coming in pairs or groups, just GTFO, and check back in 15 minutes. They likely have their complete strategy all worked out. There is very little chance the blue you just met, and yourself can work out a winning tactic on the fly against better equipped foe’s that likely know exactly what the other guy is going to do next. Luck favors the bold is BS. Luck favors the prepared.
Swunk, Veranis, Skrap like this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage

Messages In This Thread
Community - by Leon - 10-27-2016, 08:58 PM
RE: Community - by Skynyrd - 10-30-2016, 02:48 PM
RE: Community - by Varak - 10-31-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Community - by Skynyrd - 11-01-2016, 04:19 AM