Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting a video in this forum
First off, let's just say it appears there's no way to upload it directly to this forum. Second, you can not upload an rpv file to youtube and link it to a forum post in this forum. Sometimes I have problems with avi, which is why I chose not to record a video I would like to upload as one, it would have to be re-recorded unforntunately.

Also, as far as I know there is no way that rpv can be converted to any file format that you could upload to youtube. Some people have suggested camtasia, but that costs money. I'm trying to use Camstudio but the videos I have taken have a lot of lag and I wouldn't want to watch them like that, so I don't want to show them anyone else that way either. I chose the option to record the window. Guess I could try the whole screen and see if that makes a difference.

Sometimes I have problems with avi, which is why I chose not to record a video I would like to upload as one, it would have to be re-recorded unfortunately. But, the avi option in razor does appear to be working now, what's a good codec to use as the avi files can be huge depending on which one you use. Is the compression quality better or worse the higher the number of the codec? I just tried using intel indeo video 4.5 and it was extremely laggy while recording, but once I played it back it was very fast. I'd like to put a codec like H264 if I could. Or at least avi's can be converted to another format to put on youtube.
(05-01-2019, 01:43 AM)ramjet Wrote: First off, let's just say it appears there's no way to upload it directly to this forum. Second, you can not upload an rpv file to youtube and link it to a forum post in this forum. Sometimes I have problems with avi, which is why I chose not to record a video I would like to upload as one, it would have to be re-recorded unforntunately.

Also, as far as I know there is no way that rpv can be converted to any file format that you could upload to youtube. Some people have suggested camtasia, but that costs money. I'm trying to use Camstudio but the videos I have taken have a lot of lag and I wouldn't want to watch them like that, so I don't want to show them anyone else that way either. I chose the option to record the window. Guess I could try the whole screen and see if that makes a difference.

Sometimes I have problems with avi, which is why I chose not to record a video I would like to upload as one, it would have to be re-recorded unfortunately. But, the avi option in razor does appear to be working now, what's a good codec to use as the avi files can be huge depending on which one you use. Is the compression quality better or worse the higher the number of the codec? I just tried using intel indeo video 4.5 and it was extremely laggy while recording, but once I played it back it was very fast. I'd like to put a codec like H264 if I could. Or at least avi's can be converted to another format to put on youtube.

You can't upload an rpv to youtube since it is not really a video, it's a file recording of the packets which have been sent to your client so razor/the UO client can play them back for you.

A couple of tools I can think of that are completely free you can use to record videos are Streamlabs OBS and GeForce experience. GeForce experience will allow you to clip the past, so you can save the last x minutes of footage after something interesting happens. Not entirely sure if GeForce experience requires an nvidia card or works with any card.

As for uploading it, youtube is obviously a great free one, Amazon S3 can be used for dirt cheap storage as well.
[Image: jack-sig.png]